Saturday, January 24, 2009

January Update

Well, I guess it is obvious that I am terrible at keeping anyone updates on our crazy lives! It has been a busy January so far. We had a great time in Tahoe and did not freeze. I just knew I was going to fall victim to the icy driveway and break something but that did not even happen. See, miracles are around us every day! The kids had great fun playing all around the condo; there was plenty of snow on the ground for us. I think somewhere around 4 feet or so. Their Uncle Kevin made a sledding ramp off of the back porch at his house and the kids had a lot of fun on that. It was cute watching Jordan and Noah slide down that too.

Kelsey went back to regular school after Christmas break and it has been a difficult adjustment. She has a wonderful teacher so we are hoping that things will start to look up for her and that she can adjust. My poor baby. I wish I knew how to fix her fears. She has such a hard time going, and then a hard time when Lucas drops her off at her class. But after she calms down (it takes 30 min. to 1 hour I hear) she enjoys the day and always comes home happy. I am sure by the end of the school year, her and the principal will be good buddies ; -) We did have one good day this week, and it took us by surprise. We are encouraged by it so hopefully next week we will see more progress.

We have a new foster baby and we think he is pretty great. He is 4 weeks and has blond curly hair. In my book that means he is cute stuff! He does not cry too much and is pretty content to suck away on his pacifier. Yep, he is a keeper!

No comments: